Dr Ye Chen, Curriculum Vitae
- MBBS (University of Melbourne, Melbourne)
- BMedSci (University of Melbourne, Melbourne)
- DPhil in Medical Science (University of Oxford, Oxford, UK)
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Internship, St. Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne
- Accredited Ophthalmology Training, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne
- Fellowship in Oculoplastic Surgery, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course, Adelaide
- Asian Eyelid Surgery Advanced Training Program, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
- International Clinical Observership, Kyoto, Japan
- Registered Specialist, Australian Health Professional Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Fellow, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO)
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne
- Clinical Associate Lecturer, University of Adelaide, Adelaide
- Registrar teaching, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
- Registrar teaching, Royal Adelaide Hospital
Dr Ye Chen, Publications
Chen Y, Psaltis A et al., Neurotoxicity Secondary to Bismuth Iodoform Paraffin Paste Packing in an Orbital Exenteration Cavity. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. In press.
Chen Y, James C, et al., Primary Orbital Apocrine Hidrocystoma with Sebaceous Elements. Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, 2017 Dec.
Lee B, Chen Y, Rajak S, Selva D. Intradiploic epidermoid cyst of the orbital roof: a case report. Orbit. In press.
Hilbrands E, Chen Y, Kendall AR, Adams E, Cobbold SP, Waldmann H, Howie D. Induced Foxp3+ T Cells Colonizing Tolerated Allografts Exhibit the Hypomethylation Pattern Typical of Mature Regulatory T Cells. Front. Immunol. 2016 7:124. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2016.00124.
Gregory-Roberts E, Chen Y, Harper A, Ong T, Maclean A, Fagan X, Carden S. Solar Retinopathy in Children. J AAPOS. 2015 Aug;19(4):349-51.
Regateiro FS (co-first author), Chen Y (co-first author), Kendal AR, Hilbrands R, Adams E, Cobbold SP, Ma J, Andersen KG, Betz AG, Zhang M, Madhiwalla S, Roberts B, Waldmann H, Nolan KF, Howie D. Foxp3 expression is required for the induction of therapeutic tissue tolerance. J Immunol. 2012 Oct 15;189(8):3947-56.
Chen Y, Adams E, Regateiro FS, Vaux DJ, Betz AG, Andersen KG, Waldmann H, Howie D. Activation rather than Foxp3 expression determines that TGF-β-induced regulatory T cells out-compete naïve T cells in dendritic cell clustering. Eur J Immunol. 2012 Jun;42(6):1436-48.
Kendal AR, Chen Y, Regateiro F, Ma J, Adams E, Cobbold S, Hori S, Waldmann H. Sustained vigilance of Foxp3+ T-cells is vital for infectious tolerance in vivo. J Exp Med. 2011 Sep 26;208(10):2043-53.
Akhtar AM, Schneider JE, Chapman S, Jefferson A, Digby J, Mankia K, Chen Y, McAteer M, Wood KJ, Choudhury R.
In vivo quantification of VCAM-1 expression in renal ischemia reperfusion injury using non-invasive magnetic resonance molecular imaging. PLoS One. 2010 Sep 21;5(9):e12800.
Chen Y, Wood KJ. Th17 Cells in Organ Transplantation. In: Ryffel B and Padova FD, editors. Th 17 Cells: Role in Inflammation and Autoimmune Disease. AG. Switzerland. Birkhäuser Verlag; 2008.
Chen Y, Wood KJ. Interleukin-23 and Th17 Cells in Transplantation Immunity: Does 23+17 Equal Rejection?
Transplantation. 2007 Nov 15; 84(9): 1071-74.
Jamieson E, Chong MM, Steinberg GR, Jovanovska V, Fam BC, Bullen DV, Chen Y, Proietto J, Kay TW, Andrikopoulos S. Suppressor of Cytokine Signaling-1 Deficiency Enhances Hepatic Insulin Signaling. J Biol Chem. 2005 Sep 9; 280(36): 31516-21.
Chen Y, Chong MM, Darwiche R, Thomas HE, Kay TW. Severe Pancreatitis with Exocrine Destruction and Increased Islet Neogenesis in Mice with Suppressor of Cytokine Signaling-1 Deficiency. Am J Pathol. 2004 Sep; 165(3): 913-21.
Chong MM, Chen Y, Darwiche R, Dudek N, Irawaty W, Santamaria P, Allison J, Kay TW, Thomas HE. Suppressor of Cytokine Signaling-1 Overexpression Protects Pancreatic Cells from CD8+ T Cell-Mediated Autoimmune Destruction. J Immunol. 2004 May 1; 172(9): 5714 - 21.